Hi dealers and partners,
Scanomat and the TopBrewer software team is excited to announce a new firmware release to the TopBrewer system.
The new release has been in R&D for about a year, and is now beta tested and ready to get deployed to TopBrewers around the world. To set us apart from competition, we have some key aspects and features we would like to introduce today:
- New bluetooth implementation written from scratch, more stabile, much faster connect + new and more reliable re-connect procedure!
The latest TopBrewer app that take advantage of these new features has already been in the App Store for months. This means end-users are ready to go, and the app is already compatible with the 2-series firmware and the new 3-series firmware released today.
- 100’s of bug fixes and small irritations that could be seen by both end-users and operators (see below release notes)
- Introduction of CoffeeCloud. The first step in being able to have cohesive interface and communication with Topbrewer over the Internet.
We are introducing Firmware Download, which makes the TopBrewer always up-to-date with latest features and stability fixes, all happening behind the scene from iPhone/iPad or Android.
(further information will be provided in a new post on ScanomatNET)
- (Beta) Support for mobile pay options in Topbrewer app and regional payment options for each specific country or dealer.
Walkthrough of new Barista program and uploading new Firmware + Setting the serial number:
We are also pleased to announce a new version of the Barista Program as well. Many enhancements, bug fixes and features is included in this new Update.
In the new Barista Program, it is emphasized to set the serial number in the machine. Scanomat requires the serial number to be machine readable. This will indirectly reduce maintenance cost as error reports can be send directly from the machines. To reduce cost by multiple visits to a given site, the serial number should be set right after the machine has been migrated into the version 3 series firmware.
New firmware 3.0.2 for TopBrewer can be downloaded here: http://filebox.scanomat.net/data/public/b0794b.php
Latest Barista program ver. 2.0.6.zip can be found here: http://filebox.scanomat.net/data/public/351ea9.php
You should also read the ‘Quick installation guide’ which will walk you through a proper installation guide for the program to be properly installed)
you can write to email@example.com for any questions here.
Please follow these steps.
1. Open the new Barista program ver. 2.0.6 on your PC and connect to a TopBrewer. Make sure you have followed the ‘Quick installation guide’ for installation of the program.
2. Choose ‘upload new firmware to machine’ from the ‘Menu’ button located in the top left corner.
3. Upload the new firmware ver. 3.0.2
4. Let the machine do it’s procedure and finish up.
5. Now choose ‘Hardware’ in the ‘Menu’ button located in the top left corner of the Barista program.
6. Choose ‘set serial number’ and enter the serial number of the machine (found on a silver sticker, normally placed on the side of the machine)
IMPORTANT: You can for now only set the serial number once, so crucial that you type in the correct digits the first time.
7. Power cycle the machine without the USB connected.
Warning: It might be necessary to perform a BT reset (Bluetooth Reset) if you are experiencing issues with connectivity after the upgrade.
Please find a guide here to perform it: http://support.scanomat.com/hc/en-us/articles/202672978
Update logs from Topbrewer firmware version 2.0.4 to 3.0.2
- Fix bug resulting in “No brewer” appearing on the screen at boot up.
- Fix bug where first drink could result in “Failure”.
- Fix keyboard light.
- Fix errors messages for master and slave missing during boot.
- Correct booting text to “Upgrading FW” on update.
- Lower priority of door open to not trump other FreshBrewer errors such as piston error and dreg bin missing.
- Prioritize Slave board missing over Master board missing.
- Change “No steamer!” to “No slave!” based on user feed-back.
- Fix the dreg bin full error where it could not accept the emptying of the dreg bin.
- Remove FreshBrewerPresent dependency of steam heater.
- Water pump is stopped prior to drink start.
- Fix “Menu->Settings->Child lock”.
- Fix “Menu->Settings->2 key clean”
- Fix clean guard EraseCoinAllowed to cover total turnover and total sale token.
- Main thread is less hindered by activity in the bluetooth and barista subsystem.
- Implement SFWU package time-out. Enables more robust SFWU download and less reconnecting. Bug in app makes this looks worse, but the firmware has improved.
- Decouple the request of current firmware version on server from the actual download process. This enables the rediscovery of new firmware versions during a download process, and it also allows to interrupt the firmware download process if more important server related tasks come around. This could be logging of errors during firmware download.
- Ping Android clients to allow it to differentiate between v2 (XML) series and v3 (SFWU).
- Cup counters increased in number from 12 to 64.
- Cup counters increased in size from 16 bit to 64 bit.
- TotalSale counter increased from 16 bit to 64 bit.
- Proper machine serial number.
- USB citizenship.
- Reduced size of binary resulting in quicker download and memory footprint.
- Implement Menu->Adjust->Temperature->Milk temperature to offset the milk speed as entered in recipes.
- Sparkling water drainage
- Manual service mode coverage of carafe-keys
- Enhancenements for payment handling
- Now support for price handling with Mobile Pay.
- Overall Bluetooth stability improvements, and re-write of the handler of connections.
- It’s now possible to apply the serial number of a machine, into the firmware through the Barista Program
- Manual service coverage of the ON/OFF key.
- Bluetooth parameters located in Settings BT Pairing, BT Visib, iOS supp. will automatically go to OFF when connecting a sing iOS or Android device. This ensure proper stable connection. So no more reason to turn parameters ON and OFF when doing an installation. Everything happens automatically and technicians do not need to do anything.
You can always write to firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Scanomat Development department