Today a new TopBrewer iOS App has been released to the App Store and is now online. This relates to both the iPhone and iPad!
This update is a major one for all TopBrewer customers, and we hope everyone will embrace it, and get customers to get their iPad’s and iPhone up-to-date as soon as possible. We are today shipping the new QuickBrew feature as well as full support for the new Apple Watch.
This update also fixes a major bug where the iPhone would crash when connecting directly to a machine (without iPad) via Classic Bluetooth. This is now fixed in this latest version (please see bottom notes).
Introductions to new features:
The new features introduced is an important one for customers who uses their phones regular to make their desired drinks. It has been a focus to be able to make your favourite coffee with a single click from your phone. With the latest app update, this is now possible using the latest capabilities used in current iPad (enabled by software).
If you enable Proxy mode, the iPad will now act both as a repeater (as it already does) as well as an iBeacon broadcaster. iBeacon technology in our case is basically used to get individuals phone to detect if the device is nearby a machine. That way, we can optimise the user experience on a whole new level, which makes you able to trigger your favourite drink (customised or regular) with a single click from your iPhone’s lock screen. This is all now possible from today and moving forward, activated for the first time by connecting to an updated iPad running proxy mode! (also updated to latest version)
The QuickBrew functionality in it’s essence, has been developed to make it possible to make your favourite coffee with a single click from the new Apple Watch as well, which is slowly being distributed throughout Europe for the next coming month. Scanomat is determined to be on the cutting edge with these new wearable technologies, as we believe many of the future customers are engaged in this area. We will at some point release an Android version that supports this as well.
We are testing out the new main functionalities and are receiving feedback from various beta testers, and will also then from this day on open this opportunity for everyone else. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any feedback you might have.
The Apple Watch integration is a good demonstration tool to set us apart from the competition, and with the TopBrewer it again only makes sense to have a cluster free tabletop with seamless connectivity and interaction.
A big feedback point from the markets is the possibility of international payments opportunities, which will be a main focus for the forthcoming time. We have been working with digital app payments for about 18 months and almost 12 months in operation at the Topbrewer Café. Scanomat will introduce a revolutionary payment method which makes it simple and straightforward to not only manage and receive payments, but letting customers having a seamless experience in the process. As the digital mobile payment market emerges and becomes standardised worldwide, TopBrewer is ready to support it on a large scale. This again, will also tie in to the rest of the eco-system including the Apple Watch!
In the new app release, the main new features are:
– Apple Watch Support with support for two main functionalities.
1) Manually connect to a machine, and make your desired drink from the machine menu. A good presentation tool for customers.
2) The convenient use case: This one we are excited about. With iBeacon proximity and Quickbrew enabled on your phone, the apple watch will detect your nearby presence, and let you brew your favourite drink with single click. This is a big step towards a seamless mobile and customised experience.
– QuickBrew from your phone. A notification will appear, and you will then only be a swipe away from dispensing your favourite drink!
– Virtual iBeacon implemented now in the proxy mode (Senses your distance to the machine ).
This relates to the QuickBrew functionality, and is interesting as it is only needed activated by software – normally this is special hardware that need to be purchased but is integrated now for free as virtual beacon when enabling proxy mode.
Small Fixes iPhone + iPad:
– (iPhone) Fixes of animations and regular crashes when trying to brew coffee from a standard or a customised drink – mainly with direct connect over Classic Bluetooth
– Changes to the calculation algorithm when changing a drink slider
– Warning will now be handels differently in the view, making sure it always appears properly
– Handling of no crashes even when receiving unstructured data from TopBrewer
– Lots of bug fixing in various places in the system and in the view
Prerequisites Firmware Version:
– Core functionality (receiving many and ordering from iPad etc.) will still work legacy firmware versions, although the above above written new features is recommend to run the latest firmware for the most optimal experience. So as said, you will not have any problems continuing with an older firmware version and running the latest app that has been released. These are full backwards compatible.
– (!) if not running the latest firmware, there might be issues in terms of the proxy mode functionality, and the name of the machine appearing on the phone (!)
– There might be stability issues with the QuickBrew feature in its first iteration release, but nothing that will break down the system for it’s core functionality. Please submit feedback to email@example.com
Scanomat Dev. Team