A new app update will be released tomorrow at around 3:00 PM.
The following changes are:
* (Beta) ApplePay and manual payment input:
We are now able to do ApplePay transactions within the TopBrewer iPhone app. This is a big step towards mobile payment, and this will become the de-facto payment standard worldwide for Apple devices. If supported in your country and bank (see list here: https://support.apple.com/da-dk/HT206637) end-users will be able to pay for their favourite drink saved on their phone, only by connecting to the machine and use Touch ID on your iPhone. it’s the most seamless mobile payment experience we have tried so far. If your credit card issuer does not support ApplePay yet, you can also manually input your credit card detail in the app.
How do I get started: Please contact me directly at email@example.com if you want to have your machine setup for ApplePay and get further instructions.
* More data to CoffeeCloud
– We will be sending more data to CoffeeCloud (more info on CoffeeCloud coming soon) with this next app release. That way, we can diagnose issues faster and be more productive.
– example: Bluetooth Low Energy disconnect will now be viable in CoffeeCloud. We can see if it’s user or machine that has disconnected to help further troubleshoot issues.
Bug fixing and performance upgrades:
* Better handling of menu retrieval over Bluetooth Low Energy.
* We fixed a nasty bug that would crash the iPad iOS app on iOS 7.
* Fixed a minor minor iOS 10 related glitch in the app.
* iPhone and iPad will now not go into standby mode while you are brewing coffee. Previously if a brew could take a long time, iOS’ system timer would kick in and put your device to standby. This is now fixed.
* We are planning deprecating iPads running on iOS 7. Please start to make sure that any of your machines is not running iOS 7. There is a small minority of machines running iOS 7 on their iPads, so please get started upgrading them.