Firmware Releas 3.2.4
It’s with great pleasure that we are now releasing the next generation firmware for the TopBrewers as of today. This version has been going through extensive beta testing for the past 6 months, and will bring a wealth of new features and enhancement for the TopBrewer fleet. Including TopJuicer as well.
In the future, we hope to release more frequently so changes are less minor, and we can get new feature done faster. Of course, this will be downloaded automatically to the machine.
The big change is a re-architecture of our source code, which makes us able to work faster and more efficient with our internal processes for releasing software much more smoothly – and with less or no bugs. In the end, this will benefit the overall vision of being able to iterate faster in a stable and organised way for all product development.
Also with 3.2 Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy now works on the same firmware, and both CoffeeCloud and firmware download is now possible on both external user interfaces.
The 3.2 is now a release candidate, and we will be rolling it out internationally over-the-air as soon as we can, so we urge everyone to get this release on as many TopBrewer as quick as possible.
3.0.6 or above
All machines running 3.0.6 can be auto-updated over-the-air by Scanomat, so please file a ticket at email@example.com if you want us to update a specific- or fleet of machine(s).
When the firmware has been downloaded on the machine, you only need to press the YES button on the keypad, and the firmware will be applied (see info about auto-update below)
3.1.10 or above
All machines running 3.1.10 will need to get this update done via the Barista program or simply by dragging the firmware file into the ‘update’ folder. We also offer USB dongles that can be purchased from Scanomat, which will update the software on the machine without needing a technician or a PC. Just simply plug it in and press a button.
An important notice is, that with Firmware 3.2 you can enable a new setting called Auto-Update.
If the machine has downloaded a firmware over-the-air, you can with Auto-Update enabled, let the machine boot to the newest firmware without any user intervention.
The TopBrewer will simply now boot up with the new firmware it has downloaded, and update automatically. This can be very beneficial and effective for machines where you want the update to be instant and solve an issue fast in the future.
It’s a requirement to enable this parameter when installing the new firmware on all machines!
Input serial number:
Remember if serial number is not inputted into machine through Barista program, the machine will in the future have a lot of defects. So its important to do this on all machines that does not have this already. You can review if the machine has a serial number in its memory by going to the ‘Hardware’ section of the Barista program.
All machine shipped after December 2014 have had serial number inputted from factory.
We highly recommend that every machine you put 3.2 on, has the Auto-Update enabled so machines can download new firmware automatically.
We are very excited about this release, as it brings us closer to a connected world of coffee machine operation, CoffeeCloud connectivity and better stability for all TopBrewer machines.
Also soon, it will be possible to change recipes remotely.
As always, please report all questions, feature request, bugs etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review below Changelog at your convenience.
Change from 3.0.6/3.1.10 to 3.2.4
[3.2.4] – 2017-10-26
- Working with Bluetooth Low Energy module as well as Classic.
- Ability to set type of Ext. UI by menu/setup.
- Support different payment systems and currencies.
- Support First Free, Reward Denominate, and Domain to payment system.
- Support more error codes that helps better finding the machine problems.
- Support TopPistonSlidingErrorFlag bit in freshbrew group, detect and report it.
- Reporting new error: “Water flow error”.
- Reporting new error: “Needs Clean”.
- Reporting new error : “Boot w door!”.
- Shows up to 3 machine errors at the same time in machine LCD can be navigated by keypad.
- Send the error code with highest priority to App.
- Send machine error codes to CoffeeCloud.
- Using 60 Hz power supply is configurable by setup.xml
- Auto-update flag to the setting menu for rebooting directly after DL new FW.
- Ability to disable slave board by setup.xml
- Log all of firmware internal errors in error log file.
- Ability to set serial number by App.
- Ability to set SpeedAdjusting by recipe.xml
- Ability to set PaymentByApp by Adjust menu.
- Ability to set FanHighSpeedAdjustableTimeout by setup.xml
- Ability to set ShowUpdateStatus by setup.xml to Stop showing update progress status.
- Ability to set ForcedClean by setup.xml to stop machine working when it needs to be cleaned.
- Send cup counters, FW version, Hours Since Clean and ExtUi report to CoffeeCloud.
- Send Order and Order Result reports to CoffeeCloud.
- Send FreshBrewer FW version and Serial Number to CoffeeCloud.
- Send boot event to CoffeeCloud.
- Send mode change event to CoffeeCloud.
- Send temprature event to CoffeeClod.
- Measure coffee Extraction time and send it to CoffeeCloud.
- Calculating cup brewing time and send it to CoffeeCloud.
- Send machine Uptime time to CoffeeCloud.
- StopProhibited flag in single recipe.
- Setup.xml self check to find confilict at boot time. Report error “Setup error”.
- Having multiple stages for drink, make posible to have advanced abilities in recipe designing.
- New method of closing bypass valve based on brewer feedback insted of previous static delay.
- Counts amount of used beans, save it and continue it in next boot.
- Can make second recipe file (called recipe2.xml) and use it.
- Fast and more robust booting.
- Improve performance, robustness and stability.
- Show “Standby” on LCD when it is in off-mode.
- Increase name length of single recipe.
- Improve controling of LCD backlight in different cases.
- Blinking temperature symbol when it is low.
- Show “Menu Locked” to the user when Manual Service Mode option is enable.
- Reboot the firmware whenever Brista PC program upload a file.
- Stop showing FW upgrade related messages when it has been paused or postponed.
- Ability to wake up machine (and go the menu) by Up key from standby mode if AutoStart is enable.
- Stop supporting QualityKeyAssignment in recipe.xml
- Better support of Andriod App.
- Support big menus or long drink names.
- Save beans usage value and restore them in booting time.
- Prevent to enter Menu/Adjustpump during brew.
- Rename Setup > ShowUpdateStatus to Setup > HideUpdateStatus in setup.xml to support current machines in the fields.
- Fix for lag caused by change in iOS11 Bluetooth Low energy settings.